SPOUSE/PARTNER VISA (Partner Temporary Visa)
Australian spouse/partner visas are for those applicants from overseas who are marrying an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident. They may also be granted to those who are living in a defacto (or “live-in”) relationship with an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. This is the visa-of-choice for those who wish to (a) marry overseas and then apply for the visa, (b) marry in Australia (if you are already in Australia) and then apply for the visa, or (c) if you have been living together either in Australia or overseas for a substantial time and wish to apply on this basis. Same-sex couples may also apply.
If you intend to marry overseas, you may apply for a spouse visa already, and have it finalised after you actually marry. This may save you some application time. But do not expect that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) will quickly issue a partner visa as soon as you produce a marriage certificate. Do not count on trying to bring your wife straight back to Australia with you. The Department works to its own timeframe, and not to yours.
You will be applying for a Subclass 309 temporary partner visa (or a Subclass 820 temporary partner visa if in Australia).
If you are still together (and can prove this) after 2 years, you may be granted a Subclass 100 PERMANENT partner visa (or Subclass 801 PERMANENT partner visa if you applied whilst in Australia). Please note that you apply for the 309/100 (or 820/801) at the same time.
If you have a long-term relationship, or a child of the relationship, you may in some circumstances bypass the temporary visa period.
How Down Under Visa Can Help
We take away the guesswork, and we reduce the chances of failure. Finding the love of your life….that person whom you plan on spending the rest of your life together with……too important to mess about with, and too big a risk in order to save a few dollars. We know the law, and we know the culture and the way things work in the Philippines.
We’re not just another “visa business”. Our service is friendly and human, as well as highly professional. We know we’re dealing with real people with hopes, dreams and fears. We’ve been there ourselves afterall. We truly care about the outcome of your application, which is why we have such a high success rate. You’re in very safe hands with us.
We can (and do):
- Advise on an effective strategy (based on our knowledge of Australian Migration Law,
- Find solutions for those really difficult cases where you think you have little hope, or where you’ve had a visa cancelled or an application refused
- For Philippines-based applications, these guidelines can include guidance for acquiring Philippines-sourced ID’s, birth certificates, passports, police clearances, certification of eligibility to marry, etc, and how to avoid fake documents which will get you into trouble every time!
- Provide step-by-step guidelines and checklists outlining all the documents and relationship evidence (visa requirements) for a successful application, and check that your requirements are correct
- Write a comprehensive legal submission to accompany your application, outlining how your application meets the essential criteria, and prepare your application in a professional manner that the Department considered “Decision-Ready”.
- We check your final visa application very thoroughly, and present it in a clear and understandable form which decreases the chances of problems and delays occurring. We submit it to the Department, and liaise with the Department to the point of the visa being granted.
What do you have to lose?
and make a start on bringing
your sweetheart to Australia!